By Guillermo E. Rosado Haddock
Read Online or Download A Critical Introduction to the Philosophy of Gottlob Frege PDF
Best philosophical logic & language books
A century after ‘On Denoting’ used to be released, the controversy it initiated keeps to rage. at the one hand, there's a mass of recent ancient scholarship, approximately either Russell and Meinong, which has no longer circulated very a ways past professional students. nevertheless, there are carrying on with difficulties and controversies referring to modern Russellian and Meinongian theories, a lot of them related to matters that easily didn't happen to the unique protagonists.
Because the pioneering paintings of Donald Davidson on motion, many philosophers have taken severe stances on his causal account. This e-book criticizes Davidson's event-causal view of motion, and provides as an alternative an agent causal view either to explain what an motion is and to set a framework for a way activities are defined.
Members draw on Hegel’s account of id and distinction to problem traditional theories of id. id and distinction (or sameness and otherness) are contrasting yet interrelated phrases that experience performed an specific position within the improvement of Western philosophy no less than considering Plato wrote the Sophist.
That includes fourteen new essays from a global crew of popular participants, this quantity explores the foremost matters, debates and questions within the metaphysics of good judgment. The booklet is based in 3 components, having a look first on the major positions within the nature of common sense, reminiscent of realism, pluralism, relativism, objectivity, nihilism, conceptualism, and conventionalism, then targeting ancient issues resembling the medieval Aristotelian view of common sense, the matter of universals, and Bolzano's logical realism.
- Volume 15, Tome VI: Kierkegaard's Concepts: Salvation to Writing: 6 (Kierkegaard Research: Sources, Reception and Resources)
- The Yablo Paradox: An Essay on Circularity
- Presumption and the Practices of Tentative Cognition
- Theory of Language Syntax: Categorial Approach (Nijhoff International Philosophy Series)
- Historical Dictionary of Kant and Kantianism (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
- Logic, Truth and the Modalities: From a Phenomenological Perspective (Synthese Library)
Extra info for A Critical Introduction to the Philosophy of Gottlob Frege
A Critical Introduction to the Philosophy of Gottlob Frege by Guillermo E. Rosado Haddock